Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Texas Style BBQ Recipes#1

Hi everyone!! With it being winter I could not think of a better time to start thinking about summer. Being from Texas summer brings thoughts of grilling outside and ..... BBQ!!!! In the last 30 years I have come up with many great recipes that centered around that Texas tradition of Bar-B-Queing. I even adapted a few so I could do them in the oven when there is a blizzard outside. I know the "real" bar-b-quer will cook no matter what the weather is like but I am a pansy and like to avoid frostbite if possible. This recipe is one that is good any time of the year and it is low in fat but still is flavorful. It can be served with some BBQ chicken or brisket and is a nice side salad. I hope everyone enjoys it. Come see me at my site : http://www.myfoodconsultant.com/ and you can read some of my other blogs at: http://www.cdmworld.com/ Thanks


SALAD; BBQ MIXED THREE BEAN

Recipe By : Chuck King
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :30min
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 each navy beans, canned -- 15.5 oz or 439g
1 each pinto beans -- canned-- 15.5 oz or 439g
1 each red beans -- canned-- 15.5 oz or 439g
1 cup green bell pepper -- diced
1 cup red bell pepper -- diced
1 cup celery -- diced
1 med red onion -- diced
1 cup sauces BBQ

1. Rinse all the beans very well and drain; set aside then
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and chill overnight
3. Serve cold

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 173 Calories; 1g Fat (2.9% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 135mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable.

Serving Ideas : Serves well as a salad with BBQ Beef or BBQ Chicken

Enjoy and let me know what you think!!
Thanks
Chuck King

No comments: